May 14, 2010

Running Rut

by Suzy

Yep, it's true. I'm in a rut, have been ever since Austin (and maybe even before). Just can't get myself back into a regular rhythm. Too much life happening, not enough sleep happening, and running buddy schedules have all completely diverged so there's been way too much solo running (yet still not enough solo running, if you know what I mean). I'm kinda dragging my arse for every run these days. Just getting out the door is the monumental feat at the moment (and it's absolutely the hardest part of the run).

I know it'll come back; it's an ebb and flow, ebb and flow. The trick is to stick it out long enough... til the flow flows once again! I'm doing my best.

2 comments:

  1. Suzy,
    Hang in there! I have never commented on your blog before but I just wanted to let you know what an inspration you and your group of runners are to me! You give so much of your own time even with all of the chaos in your life. You are truly an inspiration and a light of selflessness in this world! Hang in there Mama Tiger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, Kalee! I'm just seeing this now. Thanks for your encouragement - it's VERY much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete