February 17, 2009

I am the family dog

by claudia

OK, in a sense, I have been for a while - finishing the leftovers off my children's plates here and there, but now I have taken it to a whole new level. Where in the past, we would take the kids (3 and 7) to the Park to help them get the Wiggles out, I have now turned the tables and introduced a new version: "Walking the Mama":

This Sunday, there was a short break in the relentless downpour we've been having the past few days, so the entire family ditched the PJ's for some rain-gear, my husband and kids hopped on their bicycles, and rode along with me as I went on a run. They got to follow a new trail they had not discovered yet, we had beautiful views of the San Francisco Skyline, got to chase some ducks, race through huge puddles on the way, huddle together under some trees when the rain picked up again, and got to see an enormous rainbow unfolding right overhead. Everyone had fun, it was lovely.

It is amazing how this running-thing has not only transformed me, but also creates new traditions and habits for my entire family now.

PS: my husband went for his first run with me a week ago while the kids were in school (actually, it was really nice, kind of like having a little date) and has now purchased his first pair of running-shoes.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely, Claudia, just lovely. And I'm so glad that Ray won't be running in his old Chuck Taylors. ; )

    ReplyDelete