April 19, 2009

11 miles on a hot summer day

with Jan, Anna, Claudia, Amy, and Nicole

by Suzy















Wow, what a glorious day in San Francisco! A real summer day, in April no less! We ran 11 along the coast and through Golden Gate Park today; luckily we started early before things heated up too much - and before the park got to terribly crowded. So nice, as always, to take a long run in a new place - sunlight filtering through the trees, scent of eucalyptus, gorgeous blooming flowers along the way... yes, lovely.

The running itself felt really manageable to me, despite the fact that I've been a bit of a slacker the last week or two... phew! Although, I have to say that I don't get anxious about the long runs anymore, the way I did the first time around. I guess that is the trade-off that comes with a little (a very little) more experience. I've lost the incredible sense of adventure and uncharted-territory-excitement with each longer run, but it's been replaced with a sense of... well, I guess I would call it... confidence! Amazing! And it's nice that I can actually get some sleep the night before the run, rather than toss and turn the night away in nervous anticipation.

Hmmm, 11 miles ran today, and now it's 11 pm. Time for bed.




















Hottie Anna before the run. Fantastic hair light.

















First few miles along the ocean














Cutting into the park. Love that windmill.












The 11-mile gang: Anna, Claudia, Amy, Nicole, Jan, and me.

1 comment:

  1. Nice photos, mama! Worth lugging that big ol' camera around for 11 miles, right? :-)

    ReplyDelete