January 29, 2010

Lagging...

by Suzy

Okay, y'all. Between traveling, and being sick, and traveling again, and the holidays, and being sick again, and traveling AGAIN, and then being really really sick, and still not better, I haven't run much lately. And I'm not exactly bursting with confidence about the next race, coming up in Austin in a mere two weeks. (ouch).

My beloved training schedule has been kicked to the curb by life. I'm not prepared. It's weird, because for quite a while there, I was doing enough miles and I knew I could pretty much knock out 10 or 12 or 13.1 at any time, not really such a big deal. I got a little used to it. I may have even taken it for granted... which is something I really, really try not to do these days - about anything - after our experiences of the past 2+ years. But there you go; we are flawed creatures and we can't help ourselves, can we?

And I'm behind in my fundraising, also. I'm trying to kick it into gear now. I'm throwing a hail mary.

I'm pretty sure that if I can get one more long run in before the race, I'll be ok. Just waiting to be healthy enough...

If anyone is feeling sorry for me, please express your sympathy with a donation! And if you don't feel one bit sorry for my whiny butt, that's fine too... please express your disdain with a donation!

No comments:

Post a Comment